Is your child's toy box full of toys, but he/she only plays with a select few? Kids often toss aside toys that only do a small, limited number of things. They are fun for awhile but pretty soon they become too predictable. That means your child gets bored and kids don’t like to be bored. So they find something else to play with and the boring toys end up in the bottom of the toy box. Toys that require imagination and can be used in a variety of ways are the best toys. Here are some toys that are good for keeping your child’s attention.
- Blocks– Blocks have long been a staple for kids and they never seem to outgrow them. Even though they are one of the simplest types of toys around, their possibilities are limited only by the child’s imagination. Younger children can also use them for such learning activities as counting games and experimenting with basic addition and subtraction. Blocks provide numerous learning opportunities and keep kids busy.
2. Play-Doh- Play-Doh has been around for many years. In fact, you probably played with it when you were a kid. Chances are that if you did, you have fond memories of it. Play-Doh is similar to blocks as it allows children to make anything they can imagine. The factories and tool sets you can buy to go with it are nice but they are not a necessity.
3.Dolls and Stuffed Animals – Children love pretending that their dolls, stuffed animals and action figures are real animals or people. This can provide them with hours of entertainment. They may even play with two or more at a time, making different voices for each one.
4.Wagons –Wagons can be used in numerous ways. First, they can be used to transport toys from one place to another, but that’s only the beginning. They can also serve as a vehicle for those stuffed animals or dolls, a pull-along “tray” when they’re playing restaurant or even as transportation for the child himself with you doing the pulling-one way for you to play with your child.
5. Art Supplies – Art is a great way to keep kids occupied because it fosters creativity and self-esteem. Kids can spend hours making masterpieces.
6. Musical Instruments– Most children love music. The only thing better than listening to music is making it themselves. If real musical instruments are not an option, there are toy drum sets, xylophones, kazoos and more that kids can play with.
7 . Housekeeping or Gardening Toys – Kids love to imitate adults. A kitchen set, toy vacuum cleaner or a set of gardening tools can help them do so more accurately. You could even enlist them to help you when you’re doing housework or yard work. They will stay occupied and feel a sense of accomplishment.
8. Dress-up Clothes – Playing dress-up lets kids put together outfits and pretend to be anyone or anything. An added bonus is you don’t have to buy a dress-up set. Just get out all of the old clothes you can find and let their imaginations run free!
9. Balls- Balls not only keep a child busy, they also encourage physical activity. There are numerous ways that children can play with them, so they never get boring. Here is another opportunity for you to play with them, also.